Friends of Library
The Friends of the Gary Byker Memorial Library of Hudsonville is a volunteer organization dedicated to improving the quality of library service by:
- intensifying community awareness and use of the library.
- supplementing the library with equipment, materials, funds and services within our budget.
- contributing volunteer help.
The funds we raise have gone to purchase the following items that make the library a better place:
Books, Computers, Shelving, Summer Reading Club Prizes, Artwork, Magazine Subscriptions, Furniture, etc
NEW! Fall/Winter 2016:
Friends of the Library Presents…
Some of the things the Friends do:
- Book Repair—Friends meet each Monday at 12:30 to mend and repair books. This helps greatly in extending the life of the library’s books.
- Used Book Sales—Not only do we maintain a table of used books for sale in the library at all times, but we also host larger sales three times per year. Friends come in weekly on Mondays to sort and price books and to keep the book sale table stocked.
- Amazon Sales — We also sell books online! If you wish to donate gently used books to our cause, please bring books into the library. You may ask for a donation form to use for tax purposes, as this is a charitable donation. If it is more convenient, we also have a Book Donation Box (the green, renovated mailbox) just outside the main entrance.
Check out the Library Events Calendar for more information on upcoming Friends of the Library Used Book Sales.
Download this brochure telling you more about our great Friends of the Library group!