Get a Snow Plowing Permit
A Snow Removal Contractor is one who performs for hire or offers to perform for hire snowplowing services by the use of a motor vehicle.
A Snow Removal Contractor shall not advertise, represent, enter into contract, or perform snowplowing services without a license.
- Licenses cover period beginning August 1st and ending May 1st.
- Licenses are $25 per motor vehicle.
- Licenses should be placed in the upper corner of the rear cab on the driver's side.
All vehicles used shall have an efficient working muffler and an external oscillating or flashing yellow or amber light visible at 360 degrees and mounted on the roof top of the vehicle. Such light shall be on only during snow removal operations.
A Snow Removal Contractor will be responsible for repairing any damage to public property.
Snow Removal Regulations
- Snow may NOT be deposited in any public right-of-way, including the (i) traveled portion of the right-of-way, (ii) the public sidewalk, or (iii) the area between the sidewalk and the curb (except snow removed from an adjacent driveway approach or public sidewalk.)
- Snow may NOT be deposited on public or private property without permission of the owner of such property.
- Snow may NOT be deposited to a height so as to obstruct vision between a driveway and the public right-of-way.
- Snow may NOT be deposited on fire hydrants or in such a manner as to impede access to fire hydrants.
$100,000 per person and $200,000 per accident for bodily injury, and $50,000 for property damage, or a combined single limit coverage of at least $250,000. Certificate must name the applicant as the insured and the City as additional insured and must provide for at least a ten (10) day notice to the City of cancellation or termination. The certificate must indicate that the coverage applies to commercial snowplowing operations.